* Compiler Branch
@ 2011-12-13  4:39 Noah Lavine
From: Noah Lavine @ 2011-12-13  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hello Guile developers,

Following up on my last email, I am nervously announcing a new branch,
'wip-compiler'. I hope that in a few months this branch will contain a
working compiler. For now, it contains a few new data structures and a
function that converts Tree-IL to a form that will be nicer for
analysis.

I hope making a new branch for this was the right thing to do. I would
have liked to wait and talk about it, but I had a friend ask me if he
could also work on the compiler, so I thought it was time to make it
public, and this seemed like the way to do that. If you don't want the
branch, I suppose it can always be deleted on Savannah. (I would of
course love help from anyone and everyone else, but I was planning to
wait on publicizing it until it was in a less embarrassing state. See
the git log for more information on that. :-) )

My last email contains some information on my ideas. I hope you can
see some of that in the code that's there, especially the
annotated-tree-il data structure, but if not, I plan to add more soon.

Noah