* GSOC Advice
@ 2011-04-04 21:50 Phil
From: Phil @ 2011-04-04 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

If anyone was thinking about participating in GSOC this year I have a
couple tips:

- Do it, it's a great program and the Guile team is great to work with.

- If you can, develop against the stable release of Guile.

- (for the Guile team) I'm not sure if we have any students in America
this year but if we do, it'd be great if a mentor would step up. The
turnaround time on communications due to timezone differences was a
little problematic for me last year.

Good luck!
Phil.

* Re: GSOC Advice
@ 2011-04-04 22:57 ` Noah Lavine
From: Noah Lavine @ 2011-04-04 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Thanks for the advice!

I am in America (in the Eastern Time Zone, to be precise). I'm a
relatively new committer, which is why I haven't been advertising for
people to mentor, but I would be happy to help with anything I could.

Noah