* r6rs incompatibilities
@ 2010-05-21  9:54 Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2010-05-21  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi,

While I'm thinking about it, I thought I'd mention a couple of
incompatibilities between Guile and R6RS:

 * In r6rs, internal definitions expand to letrec*, not letrec. Guile
   does not support letrec*, though that would be nice.

 * The R6RS specifies many situations in which a conforming
   implementation must signal a specific error. Guile doesn't really
   care about that too much -- if a correct R6RS program would not hit
   that error, we don't bother checking for it.

 * Multiple `library' forms in one file are not yet supported. This is
   because the expansion of `library' sets the current module, but does
   not restore it. This is a bug I think.

 * I'm sure there are other points -- please test and reply :)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/