Hi Guile devs, I've noticed there have been a couple bug reports about SRFI-64 recently. Guile uses the reference implementation of SRFI-64 which has really terrible readability, doesn't conform to its own standard, and was revealed to have a number of bugs over the years. I've attached two patches, the first of which replaces the SRFI-64 implementation shipped with Guile to the one I wrote as part of the R7RS Scheme SRFIs project,[0] and the second patch adds a few tests to the SRFI-64 meta test suite. This implementation of SRFI-64 offers the following improvements: - Much better readability through a modular design, modernized Scheme code, better identifier names, and otherwise prettified code - Output about executed tests in a format familiar to GNU users - Improved expand-time performance for large test suites - Fully conforms to the SRFI-64 specification - Offers a small number of extensions See the notes about SRFI-64 in the README of the Scheme SRFIs project[0] for the most important differences from the reference implementation, like the way it conforms to the spec where the reference implementation doesn't, and the extensions mentioned above. I had already proposed such a patch a number of years ago, but it was rejected on the grounds that the upstream implementation is probably better tested. I think the fact that there have been grave bugs in the implementation that remained uncovered in ~15 years evidences that this is not a valid reason. I believe that the over-complicated way the code is written masks bugs and discourages people from improving the code. What do you think? IMO this would be a clear improvement. [0] https://github.com/TaylanUB/scheme-srfis