Hello Gregg, "Gregg Sangster" writes: > I've rebased the wip-elisp branch on top of commit 449f50dd84a081aea16ef678e32bf37abe429ff6 (git describe: v3.0.4-64-g33232cb5c4). It's published here: > > https://git.sr.ht/~g20r/guile I’m not a Guile core developer, but I think that this is awesome! > My question is if this is worthwhile work? I don't have much time to spend on it but am happy to keep hacking away if there's still upstream interest. I think that there is upstream interest in Guile to improve the elisp implementation, but I’m not sure about Emacs. They added improvements to elisp that also provide better performance and they keep improving their elisp implementation. That said: Tools like fibers would be great to have in Emacs. The workload to finish this is considerable, though: IIRC You’ll need to solve some deeper problems that prevent Guile Emacs from using byte-compiled files (that’s why it currently has a very high startup time). That said, there is a guile-emacs package in guix, and Guile 3.0.7 is much faster than Guile 2. (please someone correct me if I’m wrong!) Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken