* git config receive.denyNonFastForwards true on server?
@ 2013-01-16  9:55 Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2013-01-16  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: guile-devel

Hi,

I was about to ask the savannah folks / gnu admins if they could change
the configuration for guile's repo to allow non-fast-forward pushes
(obviously with the --force or + flag).  This would let me fix the
authorship in the recent PEG merge to master.  It would also make it
easier to update a branch: you wouldn't have to delete it first and then
re-push.  (This doesn't work with master because it is the default ref,
and there is another setting regarding deleting the default ref.)

What do you think?

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/

* Re: git config receive.denyNonFastForwards true on server?
@ 2013-01-16 12:13 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2013-01-16 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wingo; +Cc: guile-devel

Hi,

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> skribis:

> I was about to ask the savannah folks / gnu admins if they could change
> the configuration for guile's repo to allow non-fast-forward pushes
> (obviously with the --force or + flag).  This would let me fix the
> authorship in the recent PEG merge to master.  It would also make it
> easier to update a branch: you wouldn't have to delete it first and then
> re-push.  (This doesn't work with master because it is the default ref,
> and there is another setting regarding deleting the default ref.)

Yeah, I see.  The only issue is to make sure non-fast-forward pushes
don’t happen by mistake on the regular branches.  But it’s reasonable to
say that we’re all sufficiently disciplined so that won’t happen.  So
yes, if you find it helpful, go ahead.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: git config receive.denyNonFastForwards true on server?
@ 2013-01-21 12:34   ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2013-01-21 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guile-devel

https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?12428