Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide writes: Hi Arne, > Jannneke Nieuwenhuizen writes: >> In 2014, I wrote patches for Guile to use a debug prompt that GUD can >> work with. The Guile debug patches didn't make it into Guile, but the >> Emacs GUD integration is part of Emacs. >> >> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2014-08/msg00004.html > > What were the reasons these didn’t make it? No idea, there was no comment or interest in the patch. I believe the consensus was (is?) to use pk for debugging. FWIW, I'm using my own "pke", because many of my programs are (pseudo-)filters, writing their output to stdout, which makes "pk" not so handy. See attached. > I now have push-access, so if these get acked by someone who knows that > part well enough, I can take up the integration. That's nice, but it probably needs to be updated and it certainly needs some discussion. Greetings, Janneke