Hello all, I have added a function named `string-split-substring' to the (ice-9 string-fun) module. It acts like `string-split', but taking a substring instead. It works like this (string-replace-substring "item-1::item-2::item-3::item-4" "::") => ("item-1" "item-2" "item-3" "item-4") The tests include all the edge cases in the tests for string-split, and the behavior matches it exactly. Documentation is also included in the patch. I have found myself making and using this function numerous times, and judging by IRC, others find it useful as well. The patch is attached. ~ Vijay