* cvs read bad # error report
@ 2003-03-12  0:25 Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2003-03-12  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the current cvs build on a recent i386 debian, a file foo.scm
containing

	#allow

processed with

	guile -s foo.scm

produces

	ERROR: In procedure scm_lreadr:
	ERROR:
	Exception during displaying of error: misc-error

Whereas I hoped to get a report about an invalid "#" form.

Nosing around read.c, I wonder if scm_input_error should be calling
scm_error_scm with the "args" parameter it receives, rather than
always SCM_EOL.  It looks like an invalid # calls scm_input_error with
a message string containing a ~S, and an args with the offending
character.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-12  0:25 UTC | newest]