The HACKING file says that we always have to go through FSF copyright assignment beforehand, so I was just waiting for that. If they don't care about that anymore, then my name would go in THANKS instead. For completeness, I've attached patches for either case. (In case I'm still wrong, this would all quickly be sorted out if this patch were to actually be commited.) I've been using my own fork of the uri.scm library for now that includes many fixes to make it closer to the RFC's specification. I could contribute those next if this gets merged.