Hello, Please find attached a first draft of a patch for getopt-long that will cause it to throw errors, instead of simply exiting, when an additional keyword argument is passed to `getopt-long`. Libraries may want to catch errors in `getopt-long` and process those errors themselves, but we do not want to break backward compatibility. This patch addresses both those concerns. I have carried out testing using the updated file, using different personal projects and test scripts, but I must confess I had real trouble running the test suite for getopt-long from a git checkout, using that Git checkout's Guile. In the end I also ran the test suite by using my system's Guile and placing the updated getopt-long in GUILE_LOAD_PATH. Doing this caused the getopt-long test suite to run with the new file, and pass. Please let me know if you spot any problems, have concerns or if I need to do anything else before we can consider pushing this to master. Best wishes, alx PS: I have not yet committed code to GNU projects that assign copyright to the FSF — and I'm not sure whether Guile does so — but if needed I'd be happy to assign copyright.