* C++ Embeded GOOPS interpreter
@ 2003-10-16 11:35 Laurent Marzullo
From: Laurent Marzullo @ 2003-10-16 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I would like to write a C++ Application which will use a GOOPS
interpreter.

The C++ application will provide a set of class that could
be used in a scheme programme.

For example, I would like to provide:

class MyClass
{
    public:
        MyClass( int p );
        void SayHello( void );

    private:
        int   m_private;
};

(Perhaps the class above could be seen as:
(define-class <MyClass> ()
    (p #:init-value 0))

and to be able to write in scheme:

(define my_object (make <MyClass> #:p 5 ))

I've take a look at SWIG to generate wrapper function etc, but
it does not use GOOPS even with -c++ option ?
Is there any doc where I could find information of how to write C++
code to provide C++ class access in scheme ?

Thanks

--
Laurent Marzullo <marzullo@la-defense.oilfield.slb.com>

* Re: C++ Embeded GOOPS interpreter
@ 2003-10-16 14:39 ` Andreas Rottmann
From: Andreas Rottmann @ 2003-10-16 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Guile (Devel)

Laurent Marzullo <marzullo@la-defense.oilfield.slb.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to write a C++ Application which will use a GOOPS
> interpreter.
>
> The C++ application will provide a set of class that could
> be used in a scheme programme.
>
> For example, I would like to provide:
>
> class MyClass
> {
>     public:
>         MyClass( int p );
>         void SayHello( void );
>
>     private:
>         int   m_private;
> };
>
> (Perhaps the class above could be seen as:
> (define-class <MyClass> ()
>     (p #:init-value 0))
>

> and to be able to write in scheme:
>
> (define my_object (make <MyClass> #:p 5 ))
>
> I've take a look at SWIG to generate wrapper function etc, but
> it does not use GOOPS even with -c++ option ?
> Is there any doc where I could find information of how to write C++
> code to provide C++ class access in scheme ?

I've written something like this, although it depends on Guile 1.7
(CVS) (but it should be easy to get it running with 1.6) and still has
quite some bugs. See
http://ucxx.sourceforge.net/docs/manual/ch01s02.html#id2816562. I
recommend you try the CVS version. Even if you don't really use Yehia,
it's code (esp. the stuff in
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ucxx/yehia/plugins/guile/)
should be useful for ypur purposes. Feel free to ask me if you need
help wrt. Yehia.

HTH & Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Packages should build-depend on what they should build-depend.

* Re: C++ Embeded GOOPS interpreter
@ 2003-10-16 16:43 ` Matthias Koeppe
From: Matthias Koeppe @ 2003-10-16 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Guile (Devel)

Laurent Marzullo <marzullo@la-defense.oilfield.slb.com> writes:

> I would like to write a C++ Application which will use a GOOPS
> interpreter.
>
> The C++ application will provide a set of class that could
> be used in a scheme programme.
> [...]
> I've take a look at SWIG to generate wrapper function etc, but
> it does not use GOOPS even with -c++ option ?

GOOPS support is currently being added to SWIG by John Lenz (for
inclusion into SWIG 1.3.20).  Some code has already been checked into
CVS SWIG; check if it is already good enough for your work.

--
Matthias Koeppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe