Aleix Conchillo Flaqué writes: > Using INADDR_ANY instead of INADDR_LOOPBACK makes it convenient when > starting the web server inside containers without the need to having to > specify INADDR_ANY all the time. This is the default in most libraries > and languages. > > This doesn't break backwards compatibility since INADDR_LOOPBACK is also > included in INADDR_ANY. I’d like to know whether there was a specific reason not to use it. I prefer the new behavior (ANY), because it’s less surprising (it once surprised me that it was different). It might be an option to switch to IPV6 ANY instead to get a real ANY. But there are different opinions about this. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de