* More detailed examples of ffi
@ 2011-03-03 19:30 dsmich
From: dsmich @ 2011-03-03 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Greetings Guilers!

The other day, aidalgol and I were chatting on irc about the new ffi.  The question came up about how to define and access nested structures.  I couldn't tell from reading the manual if it can be done.

Could some more complex examples be put in the manual that more fully exposes the capabilities of the ffi?

Thanks!
  -Dale

* Re: More detailed examples of ffi
@ 2011-03-03 23:13 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2011-03-03 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi!

<dsmich@roadrunner.com> writes:

> The other day, aidalgol and I were chatting on irc about the new ffi.
> The question came up about how to define and access nested structures.
> I couldn't tell from reading the manual if it can be done.

There are ‘parse-c-struct’ and ‘make-c-struct’ examples in
‘foreign.test’, but no tests for ‘write-c-struct’ (argh!).

> Could some more complex examples be put in the manual that more fully
> exposes the capabilities of the ffi?

Agreed.  Patches welcome!  :-)

Ludo’.