* preserving timestamps on installation
@ 2009-06-04 21:07 Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2009-06-04 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-automake; +Cc: guile-devel

Hey folks,

Development Guile support compilation of Scheme files, finally. But the
deal is that it will load the source file instead if the mtimes on the
Scheme and compiled files differ.

Where automake comes in is that installing a file touches its mtime,
always, not preserving the mtime of the file being installed.

What I would suggest is, given that automake ships with an install.sh,
add the -p option to install.sh, corresponding to install(1), and use it
by default. I can't think of any downsides.

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/