ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Hi Andreas, > > Andreas Rottmann writes: > >>> Currently on my System (Debian sid), Guile 1.8 does not support >>> SLIB. I have done a preliminary patch (attached) that makes the module >>> (ice-9 slib) load the guile.init file from SLIB, which seems to work >>> fine AFAICS. > > The status of `(ice-9 slib)' has been discussed recently, the outcome > being that a solution similar to yours should be implemented [0]. > > However, instead of configure-time detection, I'd rather lean towards > using `load-from-path' without making any configure-time detection. > This would make it clear that SLIB is not a hard dependency and would > allow users to install/upgrade it afterwards. Is that OK? > I've now updated my patch (attached) to use a %LOAD-PATH search; it looks for any of "slib/init/guile.init" (Debian) and "slib/guile.init" (default installation) and loads it if found, erring out if there's no such file in the %LOAD-PATH.