* Branch management
@ 2006-03-11 10:48 Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2006-03-11 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a heads-up: until I get to any work that isn't appropriate for
the 1.8 branch, I'm planning to make all my commits to the 1.8 branch
only, on the assumption that we will do something later to copy those
changes to CVS head.

Has there yet been any post-1.8 work in CVS?  If there hasn't, we
have more options for what that "something later" can be.

I also see a couple of problems with the CVS head branch as it stands.

1. Because it was forked before the 1.8 release, it doesn't contain
   markers in the NEWS or ChangeLogs for when the release happened.

2. For the same reason, it doesn't have 2006 in its copyrights - which
   makes it tedious to compare the 1.8 and head CVS trees.

(To avoid these problems in future, I recommend branching only after
making a .0 release.)

     Neil