Neil Jerram writes: > "Julian Graham" writes: > >> Hi Neil, >> >>> Based on the synopsis above, I agree that moving step 1 inside the loop >>> should fix this. In addition, though, I think it would be very good if we >>> could add a minimal test that currently reproduces the deadlock, and so will >>> serve to guard against future regressions here. Do you have such a test? >> >> I don't -- it seems to be pretty dependent on timing. I noticed it >> while running my SRFI-18 test suite in a loop, and it took hours to >> trigger. Any suggestions? Here is a proposed patch for branch_release-1-8. Neil