Hello, ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Andy Wingo writes: > >> But you can't / shouldn't make a new fluid every time you enter a >> `catch', because currently fluids are never garbage collected! We really >> need to fix this. I think it's a 1.9 regression. > > Indeed. We should use a weak vector or some such instead of the current > scm_gc_malloc’d array. Just to clarify: fluids themselves *are* GC’d, but fluid numbers aren’t recycled so ALLOCATED_FLUIDS grows endlessly (1 byte per fluid). The working patch below allows fluid numbers to be recycled but it’s inefficient. Needs more thought. Thanks, Ludo’.