From: Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net>
To: t_w_@freenet.de
Cc: guile-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Gambda Logo
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 13:38:28 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Thorsten,

> I guess the silence (with the one exception, thank you Amirouche!) means
> I should stop and go away, but I couldn't help it ... here's a
> comparison using Luis's work and a small refinement:
> http://i.imgur.com/qM0k0Xq.png

I like the idea of bringing lambda into the logo, and the gap between
“G” and “u” in your logo is nicer than in the one proposed by Luis.

The transition from the lambda to the arc of the stylised “G” is very
harsh, though.  It’s a very sharp edge and I prefer the friendly
“roundness” of Luis’s logo.  Maybe the lines of the Gambda logo are just
too thin?

Also, the lambda and “Guile” don’t seem to relate to one another; they
just sit next to each other, whereas in the logo on the left the
stylised parentheses “cooperate” with the text in that the embrace the
curve of the “G”.

I think the logo on the left could be improved by fixing the right part
of the round “G” and by adding a serif to the “l” (to reduce the gap
between “l” and “e”).  I cannot think of a constructive suggestion for
the Gambda logo, I’m afraid.

~~ Ricardo