* syncase-in-boot-9 merged to master; savannah down
@ 2009-05-29 14:16 Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2009-05-29 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hey all,

With Ludovic's blessing, I went ahead and merged syncase-in-boot-9 into
master.

Unfortunately I can't push it, because savannah is down. It appears they
have had catastrophic disk failure.

So what I've done is reset my origin/master ref to my master ref:

    git update-ref refs/remotes/origin/master `git rev-parse master`

And created a git bundle for the "origin/master" ref :

    git bundle create guile-master.bundle --since=10.days origin/master

Download guile-master.bundle from

    http://wingolog.org/pub/guile-master.bundle

Then verify it:

    git bundle list-heads guile-master.bundle
    git bundle verify guile-master.bundle

The list-heads output should be:

    938d46a35d39ec5d7b5fa858a8783136ce24d10d refs/remotes/origin/master

And then apply:

    git bundle unpack guile-master.bundle

Then you can pull from master from your branches:

    git merge origin/master

You can repeat the first two steps to upload your changes.

Let me know how it goes,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/

* Re: syncase-in-boot-9 merged to master; savannah down
@ 2009-05-30 22:25 ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2009-05-30 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wingo; +Cc: guile-devel

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> With Ludovic's blessing, I went ahead and merged syncase-in-boot-9 into
> master.

Apologies that I haven't reviewed this yet; I am still planning to.

> Unfortunately I can't push it, because savannah is down. It appears they
> have had catastrophic disk failure.

:-(

> So what I've done is reset my origin/master ref to my master ref:
>
>     git update-ref refs/remotes/origin/master `git rev-parse master`
>
> And created a git bundle for the "origin/master" ref :
>
>     git bundle create guile-master.bundle --since=10.days origin/master

Does --since=10.days cover all of the commits that you listed as
wanting review in your review request email?

Regards,
        Neil

* Re: syncase-in-boot-9 merged to master; savannah down
@ 2009-05-31 12:17   ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2009-05-31 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Jerram; +Cc: guile-devel

Hi Neil,

On Sun 31 May 2009 00:25, Neil Jerram <neil@ossau.uklinux.net> writes:

> Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> With Ludovic's blessing, I went ahead and merged syncase-in-boot-9 into
>> master.
>
> Apologies that I haven't reviewed this yet; I am still planning to.

Thanks.

>> So what I've done is reset my origin/master ref to my master ref:
>>
>>     git update-ref refs/remotes/origin/master `git rev-parse master`
>>
>> And created a git bundle for the "origin/master" ref :
>>
>>     git bundle create guile-master.bundle --since=10.days origin/master
>
> Does --since=10.days cover all of the commits that you listed as
> wanting review in your review request email?

    wingo@unquote:~/src/guile$ git bundle verify guile-master.bundle
    The bundle contains 1 ref
    938d46a35d39ec5d7b5fa858a8783136ce24d10d refs/remotes/origin/master
    The bundle requires these 2 refs
    ce09ee19892d391f3b2ca13e0616d343929c2c14 add tree-il->glil compilation test suite
    58df2e43937bb86fbf751f48db7bf13934d7c87e merge ice-9, srfi, oop makfiles into module makefile
    guile-master.bundle is okay

So if you have those two refs, meaning, if you've done a `git fetch' in
the last 10 days, you should be good.

Cheers,

Andy
--