* build of master now fails much earlier
@ 2009-09-18 11:29 Greg Troxel
From: Greg Troxel @ 2009-09-18 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

are we really adding dependencies while we are 'frozen'???

checking for BDW_GC... configure: error: Package requirements (bdw-gc) were not met:

No package 'bdw-gc' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BDW_GC_CFLAGS
and BDW_GC_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 193 bytes --]

* Re: build of master now fails much earlier
@ 2009-09-18 14:31 ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2009-09-18 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Troxel; +Cc: guile-devel

On Fri 18 Sep 2009 13:29, Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> writes:

> are we really adding dependencies while we are 'frozen'???
>
> checking for BDW_GC... configure: error: Package requirements (bdw-gc)
> were not met:

Sorry if we did not communicate clearly; the plan was definitely to
merge in bdw-gc before the release, and possibly during the freeze
period.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/

* Re: build of master now fails much earlier
@ 2009-09-18 20:36   ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2009-09-18 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Troxel, guile-devel

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> On Fri 18 Sep 2009 13:29, Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> writes:
>
>> are we really adding dependencies while we are 'frozen'???
>>
>> checking for BDW_GC... configure: error: Package requirements (bdw-gc)
>> were not met:
>
> Sorry if we did not communicate clearly; the plan was definitely to
> merge in bdw-gc before the release, and possibly during the freeze
> period.

Indeed.  This was an exception to what generally happens in a `freeze',
because merging BDW-GC was a bigger job than most merges, and it
wouldn't have helped Ludovic to have lots of other things changing at
the same time.

But sorry anyway; we're not (currently) planning any other exceptions
like that.

If you pop these into your environment, the build should get past this
point:

export BDW_GC_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include
export BDW_GC_LIBS=-lgc

Regards,
        Neil

* Re: build of master now fails much earlier
@ 2009-09-21 13:26   ` Greg Troxel
From: Greg Troxel @ 2009-09-21 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wingo; +Cc: guile-devel