Andy Wingo writes: > Apologies for the long delay here. I'm with you regarding namespaces > and sxml->xml. In the past I made sure to always get the namespaces > attached to the root element via the @ xmlns attributes, and then have > namespaced uses just be local names, not qnames, and that way sxml->xml > works fine. But, perhaps that doesn't cover all cases in a nice way. > Do you still have thoughts on this patch? Is the right thing for you? > In any case we need better documentation in the manual about how to deal > with namespaces and SXML, in practice, with examples. Here is another proposal, mirroring what is done in “xml->sxml”: