* versions in CVS
@ 2003-01-11  4:08 Aaron VanDevender
From: Aaron VanDevender @ 2003-01-11  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just checked out the sources from CVS and tried to build. The make died
when makeinfo was unable to find guile/guile-core/doc/ref/version.texi and
guile/guile-core/doc/tutorial/version.texi. These files were @included
from some of the other texi files in thoes directories. I dropped a file
in the appropriate locations which had EDITION and VERSION lines in it and
then the make went fine, but it seems like those files should be there in
the cvs.

Also, when things are built and installed, the data part gets put in a
directory based on the EFFECTIVE_VERSION and not the version so we have
things like /usr/local/share/guile/1.7/scripts, but things like
guile-tools are looking in the VERSION directory, i.e.
/usr/local/share/guile/1.7.0/scripts, and obviously not finding anything.
This should probably get sorted out.

cya
.sig

* Re: versions in CVS
@ 2003-01-12 18:13 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2003-01-12 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Aaron VanDevender <sig@netdot.net> writes:

> I just checked out the sources from CVS and tried to build. The make died
> when makeinfo was unable to find guile/guile-core/doc/ref/version.texi and
> guile/guile-core/doc/tutorial/version.texi.

did you run 'autogen.sh' and did you include --enable-maintainer-mode
in the configure options?

> Also, when things are built and installed, the data part gets put in a
> directory based on the EFFECTIVE_VERSION and not the version so we have
> things like /usr/local/share/guile/1.7/scripts, but things like
> guile-tools are looking in the VERSION directory, i.e.
> /usr/local/share/guile/1.7.0/scripts, and obviously not finding anything.
> This should probably get sorted out.

Yes!  Thanks for the report.  I'll fix this soonish.