Olivier Dion via "Developers list for Guile, the GNU extensibility library" writes: > On Tue, 21 Dec 2021, Blake Shaw wrote: >> Tim Van den Langenbergh writes: >>> That sounds like a good idea, though I wonder what the best way to organise it would be. >>> >>> IRC, Mattermost, and Rocket Chat seem like the most obvious options >>> for chat. I don't know what would be best for task management, maybe >>> some out-of-the-box kanban? >>> >>> Ideas, anyone? >>> >>> Vale, >>> >>> -Tim. >>> >> >> irc is good for me, and of course e-mail :) >> >> but for out-of-the-box task management tools, are we all emacs and/or org-mode users >> here? we could agree on a set of features for an org document that ensures >> we all sync consistentally across configurations, and then manage everything on a >> branch of the guile repo. this way as we're researching the codebase, we >> can post links directly to file line numbers, allowing easy >> navigation. > > I'm fullstack emacs, but I'm not sure if org-mode would be the best > management tool. I'm using it for my personnal task, but I don't know > if it applies well to a team. I’m using it for my personal tasks, too, but I think when syncing the file across people and including it in the agenda, that gives a pretty good team management. I got reports of people using my kanban.el for team management. I’m not sure whether full org-mode is the best for Guile development, but it does work pretty well, and I think it would be worth a try. We can ket all kinds of useful public statistics by publishing a static site from the org documents. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de