Bruce Korb writes: >> ERROR: In procedure string-upcase: >> ERROR: string is read-only: "" >> Scheme evaluation error. AutoGen ABEND-ing in template >> confmacs.tlib on line 209 >> Failing Guile command: = = = = = >> >> (set! tmp-text (get "act-text")) >> (set! TMP-text (string-upcase tmp-text)) > > What in heck is string-upcase doing trying to write to its input string? > Why was the string returned by ag_scm_get() (the function bound to "get") > an immutable string anyway? Good questions indeed. I spent a bunch of time investigating this, and found some bugs that might have caused this problem, although I'm not certain. Bruce: Can you please see if the patch below fixes this problem? Mike: Would you be willing to review this (very small) patch to see if it makes sense to you? I'd like a second opinion from someone familiar with that subsystem before I commit it. Thanks, Mark