Hello all, Here's the last major patch set that I very much hope to get into 2.0.8. The first patch disables the coding declaration scan in 'open-file' by default. I feel quite strongly that this is important for robustness and security reasons, and I'm pleased to report that Ludovic recently gave his consent to this for 2.0.8 on IRC. The last patch adds keyword arguments to the commonly-used file opening procedures to conveniently set the encoding, binary mode, and also a way to enable the coding declaration scan if desired. Comments and suggestions solicited. Mark