* i18n patch ok?
@ 2004-09-13 19:00 Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2004-09-13 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I haven't seen a reaction on the latest version

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2004-09/msg00054.html

It would be nice to get this in.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter

* Re: i18n patch ok?
@ 2004-09-21 22:54 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2004-09-21 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> writes:

> I haven't seen a reaction on the latest version
>
>     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2004-09/msg00054.html
>
> It would be nice to get this in.

Yes, nice work, thanks!  I have included it in my local working copy.

I see that the FSF has sufficient papers from you, but Bruno has not,
as far as I can see.  So I need to known which portions were written
by Bruno before I can commit the patch.  Could you tell me this?

Also, we need documentation for the new functions, but it is not in
the patch.  Could you post a patch for the documentation also?

Thanks!

* Re: i18n patch ok?
@ 2004-09-21 23:58   ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2004-09-21 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.de> writes:

> Also, we need documentation for the new functions, but it is not in
> the patch.  Could you post a patch for the documentation also?

Alsoalso, test cases would be appreciated.

* Re: i18n patch ok?
@ 2004-09-22 15:13   ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2004-09-22 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel, Han-Wen Nienhuys

Marius Vollmer writes:

> Yes, nice work, thanks!  I have included it in my local working copy.

Ok.  Please check with Han-Wen, he was working to include this too.

> I see that the FSF has sufficient papers from you, but Bruno has not,
> as far as I can see.  So I need to known which portions were written
> by Bruno before I can commit the patch.  Could you tell me this?

That would already be a bit of work; we both enhanched each-others
versions twice.  My guess would be that Bruno wrote about half of it,
so we should ask Bruno about his papers.

> Also, we need documentation for the new functions, but it is not in
> the patch.  Could you post a patch for the documentation also?

Where should I look for inspiration?  It was my impression that docs
were generated from the code.

Jan.

--

@ 2004-09-22 15:38     ` Han-Wen Nienhuys
From: Han-Wen Nienhuys @ 2004-09-22 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel, Marius Vollmer

janneke@gnu.org writes:
> Marius Vollmer writes:
>
> > Yes, nice work, thanks!  I have included it in my local working copy.
>
> Ok.  Please check with Han-Wen, he was working to include this too.

OK.  I will wipe my local changes and wait for them to appear.

--

 Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   hanwen@xs4all.nl   |   http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

* Re: i18n patch ok?
@ 2004-09-22 20:25     ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2004-09-22 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel, Han-Wen Nienhuys

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> writes:

>> I see that the FSF has sufficient papers from you, but Bruno has not,
>> as far as I can see.  So I need to known which portions were written
>> by Bruno before I can commit the patch.  Could you tell me this?
>
> That would already be a bit of work; we both enhanched each-others
> versions twice.  My guess would be that Bruno wrote about half of it,
> so we should ask Bruno about his papers.

Ok, no need to separate your contributions, I will askBruno for the
papers.

>> Also, we need documentation for the new functions, but it is not in
>> the patch.  Could you post a patch for the documentation also?
>
> Where should I look for inspiration?  It was my impression that docs
> were generated from the code.

Only semi-automatically.  We can keep docstrings in the source and the
manual synchronized, but there first needs to be something in the
manual that can then synchronized.  Look into doc/main/docstring.el if
you want to know more about this.  I can get this started and then you
flesh it out, adding general prose about gettext to go with the
docstrings, OK?

* Re: i18n patch ok?
@ 2004-09-22 20:51       ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2004-09-22 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel, Han-Wen Nienhuys

Marius Vollmer writes:

> I can get this started and then you
> flesh it out, adding general prose about gettext to go with the
> docstrings, OK?

Sounds fine.
Jan.

--

@ 2004-09-23 19:04         ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2004-09-23 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel, Han-Wen Nienhuys

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> writes:

> Marius Vollmer writes:
>
>> I can get this started and then you
>> flesh it out, adding general prose about gettext to go with the
>> docstrings, OK?
>
> Sounds fine.

Done.  Look into doc/ref/api-i18n.texi.

* Re: i18n patch ok?
@ 2004-09-28 15:48 Bruno Haible
From: Bruno Haible @ 2004-09-28 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

> Where should I look for inspiration?  It was my impression that docs
> were generated from the code.

I would also suggest a tutorial-like explanation, like the one I wrote up
for you in http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2004-08/msg00095.html

Bruno