* syncase merged to master
@ 2009-04-20 20:35 Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2009-04-20 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi all,

I went ahead and merged the syncase branch to master. So syntax-case /
syntax-rules macros in master will be hygienic with respect to modules
in addition to lexical bindings.

If I might rhapsodize a moment: it's fashionable in the Scheme world to
criticize Guile. There are four major points:

  1) Syncase macros are unhygienic with respect to modules
  2) Syncase macros not available by default
  3) Guile is slow (many flavors of this argument)
  4) Guile doesn't even do unicode

We're fixing all of these. Within the next couple months. We're doing
great work, and we should be proud. #scheme can go to hell.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/