Hi Ludo, I have processed your feedback in this version of the patch. Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hi Rutger! > >> ... > Nice! That’s definitely very useful to have. We’ll need to check what > Andy thinks, but I think it can be added in the 3.0 series. > > >> ... > Could you mention functions renamed/removed here? The ChangeLog format > is about boringly listing all the language-entity-level changes. :-) > Done. > >> ... > I guess you can remove the commented-out bits… > Yep. > >> ... > … and this hunk, to minimize change. > Check. > >> ... > I would not export ‘pipe->fdes’. I’m not sure about exporting > ‘piped-process’: it’s a bit low-level and we might want to reserve > ourselves the possibility to change it, like this patch does actually. > > WDYT? > I agree. >> ... > > Please wrap lines to 80 chars. > Taken care of. > >> ... > > I suggest using ‘string=?’ above instead of ‘equal?’. Also, could you > add a docstring? > Yes and yes. > >> ... > > Perhaps s/procs/commands/ would be clearer? Also, @var{commands} > instead of @code. > Yep. > > Could you also add an entry in doc/ref/*.texi, in the “Pipes” node, > perhaps with one of the examples you gave? > Wrote a new example. WDYT? > >> ... > > Please move these to the top-level ‘define-module’ form. > Done. > > One last thing: we’d need you to assign copyright to the FSF for this. > We can discuss it off-line if you want. > Can you help me there? I already have a verbal commitment from the company, we just need to formalize it. > > Thank you for this great and long overdue addition! > Happy to add it. > > Ludo’. > Rutger