Greg Troxel writes: > [[PGP Signed Part:Signature made by expired key 1FDA7AE8098ED60E Gregory D. Troxel (low security, at work) ]] > > Maxime Devos writes: > >> Maybe the IPV6_V6ONLY (see the ipv6(7) man page) is relevant here. >> Alternatively, you could run two servers in parallel: one bound to an >> IPv4 address and another bound to an IPv6 address. > > My feeling is that IPV6_ONLY is best avoided, for portability, and > because mapped addresses (an IPv6 address with the v4 address embedded) > are awkward. So I think it's best to listen on v4 and v6 separately. I see portability, but for simplicity and having the same codebase, I think that IPV6_V6ONLY=0 is the right choice. It is possible to listen both on v6 and v4 for the same port, but you’ll then have more complexity — I’m mainly thinking about tutorials here: You’ll have to explain a lot more if you have to take care of v6 vs. v4 instead of having a library that does both. An alternative could be a server using the fiberized web server to be able to tie efficiently into the rest of the code via a plain fibers channel. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de