Han-Wen Nienhuys writes: > > make check > > isn't complaining. I think it works only because that preload array is empty. There's a terminating zero entry, so the fetch from there gives NULL, and lt_dlpreload_default can tolerate NULL (it looks like NULL is what's there if you never call lt_dlpreload_default at all). If the array wasn't empty the fetch would be the address of the first symbol name string, and interpreting that as structs would bomb. I suppose the fix is to define the struct, perhaps per below. Or perhaps the lt_dlpreload_default call isn't needed at all if there's no -dlopen or -dlpreopen in the link.