* ptob object scm_t_bits vs long
@ 2006-04-15  0:58 Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2006-04-15  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

scm_make_port_type returns scm_t_bits, but the various setting
functions like scm_set_port_mark take a long.  Should they be
scm_t_bits too?

* Re: ptob object scm_t_bits vs long
@ 2006-05-29 20:00 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2006-05-29 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au> writes:

> scm_make_port_type returns scm_t_bits, but the various setting
> functions like scm_set_port_mark take a long.  Should they be
> scm_t_bits too?

Yes.  Good catch.

If you are motivated, you might think about cleaning up and
documenting the ports API... but on the other hand, that should maybe
wait until we have Unicode support sorted out.

* Re: ptob object scm_t_bits vs long
@ 2006-05-30  1:39   ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2006-05-30  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.de> writes:

> If you are motivated, you might think about cleaning up and
> documenting the ports API... but on the other hand, that should maybe
> wait until we have Unicode support sorted out.

The thing I couldn't tell for now was how to instantiate a port type
once you've created it.

It's also a problem that there's no block read at the scheme level.
Maybe read-string!/partial should be extended to non-fports.