* goops web page
@ 2011-12-20 21:53 Bruno Haible
From: Bruno Haible @ 2011-12-20 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi,

A web search for guile-oop pointed me to
  http://www.gnu.org/software/goops/
It says:

  "There are plans to merge GOOPS into the Guile distribution."

  "Latest released version is 1.0"

  "Version 1.0 of GOOPS is now available via anonymous FTP as
   http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guile/guile-oops-1.0.tar.gz."

  "This release mostly contains adaptations to guile-1.4 and bug fixes."

  "The bleeding edge of development is available via anonymous CVS."

goops is part of the guile 2.0 distribution. This web page appears to be
hopelessly out of date. Why not replace it with a forward to
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/ ?

Bruno

* Re: goops web page
@ 2011-12-21  6:52 ` Nala Ginrut
From: Nala Ginrut @ 2011-12-21  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Haible; +Cc: guile-devel

Yup. I think there're lot of old info on Guile's website.
Seems all guilers are real doer rather than adman. ;-)

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A web search for guile-oop pointed me to
>  http://www.gnu.org/software/goops/
> It says:
>
>  "There are plans to merge GOOPS into the Guile distribution."
>
>  "Latest released version is 1.0"
>
>  "Version 1.0 of GOOPS is now available via anonymous FTP as
>   http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guile/guile-oops-1.0.tar.gz."
>
>  "This release mostly contains adaptations to guile-1.4 and bug fixes."
>
>  "The bleeding edge of development is available via anonymous CVS."
>
> goops is part of the guile 2.0 distribution. This web page appears to be
> hopelessly out of date. Why not replace it with a forward to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/ ?
>
> Bruno

* Re: goops web page
@ 2011-12-21 14:58 ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2011-12-21 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Haible; +Cc: guile-devel

On Tue 20 Dec 2011 22:53, Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> writes:

> A web search for guile-oop pointed me to
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/goops/

Ew :)

> goops is part of the guile 2.0 distribution. This web page appears to be
> hopelessly out of date. Why not replace it with a forward to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/ ?

Will do.

Andy
--