From: Neil Jerram <neil@ossau.uklinux.net>
To: ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès)
Cc: guile-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Guile project page garbage collection
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:32:53 +0000	[thread overview]

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>   * To get listed on the new page, people must send an HTML entry with
>     accurate information.  It shouldn't be too much of a burden to
>     install new entries if we just have to copy/paste them.
>
>     I would also suggest to do away with the `author', `maintainer' and
>     `status' fields since they are not very useful and are bound to
>     become outdated (well, except for `author').

> What do you think?

One immediate worry: for the projects that are up to date, I am
concerned that we would be asking the authors to jump through a new
set of hoops, when they've already jumped nicely through the hoops
that we specified before.

Can we not do something using the existing format (assuming that the
records in that format are available somewhere), so as not to require
resubmission of equivalent information?

      Neil

(I completely agree about cleaning out old stuff, and about
building with 1.6/1.8 being a good test, though.)