* Upcoming 1.6.5 release.
@ 2004-08-07 17:24 Rob Browning
From: Rob Browning @ 2004-08-07 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to move us toward making a new stable release soon, and so I
wanted to check with everyone and see what issues might still need to
be resolved.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu

* Re: Upcoming 1.6.5 release
@ 2004-08-11  7:31 Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2004-08-11  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Guile Users, guile-devel

It might be worth trying to integrate the minor code changes and
instructions that I've worked out for building using MS Visual C on Windows.

However,

- as I understand it, this would need a DOS build script that is
independent of the existing configure stuff

- I'm worried that I may be misunderstanding the benefit of building
using MS Visual C, and should be focussing on building with MINGW instead.

On the second point, can anyone comment whether there is any practical
difference between a Guile DLL built with MSVC and one built with MINGW?
  The two points that seem useful to me from MSVC-building are (i)
direct use of the MS C runtime; (ii) MSVC debugging information.  But it
may be that MINGW could give me these as well.

Regards,
      Neil

* Upcoming 1.6.5 release.
@ 2003-09-20  2:58 Rob Browning
From: Rob Browning @ 2003-09-20  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Now that the psyntax.pp issues is straightened out, I'm considering
making a 1.6.5 release in the next week or so, time permitting, and
presuming that no new problems crop up.  If anyone knows of any
showstoppers, please let me know.

Thanks