Vijay Marupudi schreef op do 20-01-2022 om 10:34 [-0500]: > My latest patch now has documentation, mostly derived from the SRFI- > 214 > documentation. Who would have figured that conversion to texinfo > would be the > most time consuming part of this patch? > > I would like advice on how to attribute the documentation to Adam > Nelson. Here are two examples in the wild (slib): > 6.18.11 provide and require > --------------------------- > > Aubrey Jaffer, mostly to support his portable Scheme library SLIB, > implemented a provide/require mechanism for many Scheme > implementations. > Library files in SLIB _provide_ a feature, and when user programs > _require_ that feature, the library file is loaded in. > (GOOPS): > 8 GOOPS > ******* > > GOOPS is the object oriented extension to Guile. Its implementation > is > derived from STk-3.99.3 by Erick Gallesio and version 1.3 of Gregor > Kiczales’ ‘Tiny-Clos’. It is very close in spirit to CLOS, the > Common > Lisp Object System, but is adapted for the Scheme language. > > [...] > 8.1 Copyright Notice > ==================== > > The material in this chapter is partly derived from the STk Reference > Manual written by Erick Gallesio, whose copyright notice is as > follows. > > Copyright © 1993-1999 Erick Gallesio - I3S-CNRS/ESSI > Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute,and license this software > and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted, provided > that > existing copyright notices are retained in all copies and that this > notice is included verbatim in any distributions. No written > agreement, > license, or royalty fee is required for any of the authorized uses. > This software is provided “AS IS” without express or implied > warranty. > > The material has been adapted for use in Guile, with the author’s > permission. Greetings, Maxime.