* Cross compiling guile 2.0.2 on openwrt MIPS architecture.
@ 2011-08-16 21:37 Jiva bagale
From: Jiva bagale @ 2011-08-16 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

 I am trying to cross compile guile 2 on MIPS architecture using Openwrt.
My host machine and the target machine are little endian and both are 32 bit
architecture.
I managed to compile the binaries and .go files by defining GUILE_FOR_BUILD
as /usr/local/bin/guile.
But unfortunately, the guile binary doesn't work on the target machine and
it only gives "Aborted" as error and quits.
 the target machine doesn't have gdb and backtrace so it is even difficult
to find the problem.
Can anyone please help to find the possible issue?

Regards
Jiva

* Re: Cross compiling guile 2.0.2 on openwrt MIPS architecture.
@ 2011-08-17  7:52 ` Xiangfu Liu
From: Xiangfu Liu @ 2011-08-17  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiva bagale; +Cc: guile-devel

On 08/17/2011 05:37 AM, Jiva bagale wrote:
>   the target machine doesn't have gdb and backtrace so it is even difficult to find the problem.
> Can anyone please help to find the possible issue?

then does the target have 'strace' ? maybe some help

--
Best Regards
Xiangfu Liu

* Re: Cross compiling guile 2.0.2 on openwrt MIPS architecture.
@ 2011-08-18 12:30   ` Jiva bagale
From: Jiva bagale @ 2011-08-18 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xiangfu Liu; +Cc: guile-devel

the target have strace. I will report the results here once I can use it.
I think one of the patch I was using might also have caused this issue.
So i have included the original error message here. If the patch was causing
this issue, It might be possible to solve this in some other way.
The error message is here:  http://pastebin.com/u1xsmKpg  .

The patch is this: http://pastebin.com/GRjYZSv3

If we could solve this error without this patch, may be we will have
different result.

Regards
Jiva

@ 2011-08-21 13:14     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2011-08-21 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi Jiva,

I’ve reproduced the error message you posted below:

i18n.c: In function 'str_upcase_l':
i18n.c:874:12: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
i18n.c:874:12: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
i18n.c: In function 'str_downcase_l':
i18n.c:883:12: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
i18n.c:883:12: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[6]: *** [libguile_2.0_la-i18n.lo] Error 1

I looks like the version of uClibc you’re using has incomplete or
non-standard support for ‘locale_t’ objects.  It could be that an extra
header file must be included so that ‘toupper_l’ and ‘tolower_l’ (lines
874 and 883) are usable.

Can you check that and report back?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Cross compiling guile 2.0.2 on openwrt MIPS architecture.
@ 2011-08-23 16:37 Jiva bagale
From: Jiva bagale @ 2011-08-23 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel