* Re: Summer holidays
       [not found] <87wsjgnvp3.fsf@gnu.org>
@ 2008-07-25 10:05 ` Neil Jerram
       [not found] ` <49dd78620807280231g3ab15246l2cb9fd49025dcfa7@mail.gmail.com>
From: Neil Jerram @ 2008-07-25 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel, Guile User

2008/7/20 Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org>:
> Hello Guilers!
>
> FYI, I'll be on vacations and mostly off-line until August, 11th.
> Happy holidays and happy hacking to everyone!

I'm going to be offline for a few days now too...  I know there are a
few interesting threads pending, and I'm sorry that I haven't had time
to respond to them already - but I will do so.

Regards,
         Neil

* Re: Just in case...
       [not found]                 ` <49dd78620808120737t68d167e4ob2768e88804da22c@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-08-12 20:36                   ` Neil Jerram
       [not found]                   ` <87hc9pizmy.fsf@raven.defaultvalue.org>
From: Neil Jerram @ 2008-08-12 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Browning; +Cc: guile-devel

2008/8/12 Neil Jerram <neiljerram@googlemail.com>:

> I'll try to take a look at the m68k prob tonight.

No solution yet I'm afraid, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

It seems to be a fairly obscure rounding test that is failing:

      x = ldexp (1.0, DBL_MANT_DIG - 1) - 1.0 + 0.5;
      want = ldexp (1.0, DBL_MANT_DIG - 1);
      assert (scm_c_round (x) == want);

i.e., IIUC, testing rounding near the upper limit of what can be
represented as a floating point number.

Looking at this from the "what changed" point of view: I don't believe
that either the code (scm_c_round() in libguile/numbers.c) or the test
(test-suite/standalone/test-round.c) has changed significantly since
2004.  As far as Debian is concerned, therefore, I would have expected
to see exactly the same m68k build failure for 1.8.1+1-4 (the current
stable version) and 1.8.4+1.2 (current testing).  But I haven't been
able to find any build logs to confirm or deny that.

Regards,
        Neil

* Re: Just in case...
       [not found]                   ` <87hc9pizmy.fsf@raven.defaultvalue.org>
@ 2008-08-13  7:36                     ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2008-08-13  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Browning; +Cc: Guile Users, guile-gtk discussions, guile-devel

2008/8/13 Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org>:

> Yes, though I'll have to find out what's appropriate since changes to
> some control fields can require a manual review by the ftpmasters.  As
> it stands now, I don't think this will affect guile with respect to
> lenny.

[...]

> Note that if I recall correctly, m68k isn't a release critical
> architecture for lenny, so although I think it would be good to fix
> this, it may not affect guile's inclusion in lenny.

Excellent, sounds like we're all set then.

Thanks again,
       Neil