Am Sonntag, 27. September 2015, 21:00:46 schrieb Panicz Maciej Godek: > You wrote there, among others, that "with a little more work, standard > Scheme might actually become a language essentially as usable as Python and > the like". > > If you're looking for a language that is "as usable as Python", then I'd > recommend trying out Python, which is very good at what it does. > > Maybe I'm reading your point wrong, but I don't think that competing with > Python or chasing Python or trying to mimic Python would be anything but a > waste of time Saying that it should be “as usable as Python” isn’t the same as saying that it should chase Python or mimic Python. You can make furniture from wood or steel, but if you only have off-the-shelf chairs and tables of wood, no one is going to open a restaurant with a kitchen made of steel. Or built a skyscraper, for that matter. Making Scheme as usable as Python requires finding an elegance which fits Scheme and allows creating applications at least as easily as with Python — but not necessarily in the same style. Best wishes, Arne