* hash tables by jay glascoe
@ 2005-05-30  1:58 Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2005-05-30  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

The projects page has an entry for hash tables by jay glascoe, but the
link seems a bit dead.  Does anyone know the status of this?

Some old mail suggests it was about resizing hash tables, which is in
the head now so unless it is or was more then perhaps this entry can
go now anyway.

* Re: hash tables by jay glascoe
@ 2005-05-30 20:12 ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2005-05-30 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Kevin Ryde wrote:
> The projects page has an entry for hash tables by jay glascoe, but the
> link seems a bit dead.  Does anyone know the status of this?

I believe the work was never incorporated.  I recall a thread between
Jay and (mainly) Maciej Stachowiak which went on for ever (but not what
       the points of disagreement (if any) were).

> Some old mail suggests it was about resizing hash tables, which is in
> the head now so unless it is or was more then perhaps this entry can
> go now anyway.

I think the point of Jay's implementation was _automatic_ resizing.  In
other words, it removed both the need to specify a size when creating a
hash table, and the need for any explicit resizing calls (given an
implementation which supported resizing at all) as entries were added to
or removed from the table.

	Neil