* Guile is a great idea, but where's the community?
@ 2003-12-21 17:04 Pierre Bernatchez
From: Pierre Bernatchez @ 2003-12-21 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm hoping to find out something about the true status
of the guile project.

To put things in perspective, I love the idea of guile and I think
there was no better choice than scheme for the language to use.
The potential benefits of a community of (hopefully GP L) developers
supporting guile is huge.

So my question is this:

Since Guile seems to have reached a certain initial level of
maturity as a project, where can I find evidence of a thriving,
or at least an emerging community of guile users and developers?

At first glance one gets the impression that the project is
floundering for lack of a community.
What is the true status of the guile project?

Sorry for posting to both lists, there doesn't seem to be
much activity on either and I am trying to reach as many
guile aware people as I can.

I would suggest you post follow ups only to the guile-user list.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-21 17:04 UTC | newest]