* guile.supp for valgrind
@ 2003-01-05 17:14 Bruce Korb
From: Bruce Korb @ 2003-01-05 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Julian,

Thanks for valgrind!!  It's wonderful.
My box (SuSE Linux 8.0) has a Guile library with lots of
problems.  The attached suppression file pretty much gets
rid of them.  I don't know if they've fixed the issues
after Guile-1.4, so I'm  CC-ing them for their possible
interest.  I'm thinking that this should be incorporated
into the default.supp when the Guile library version is 1.4.

Cheers - Bruce

[-- Attachment #2: guile.supp --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 344 bytes --]

#  Suppressions for the Guile library
#
{
   scm_mark_loc
   Cond
   fun:scm_mark_locations
   fun:scm_threads_mark_stacks
}
{
   scm_mark_loc2
   Cond
   fun:scm_mark_locations
   fun:scm_gc_mark
}
{
   scm_gc_mark
   Cond
   fun:scm_gc_mark
   fun:scm_mark_locations
}
{
   scm_gc_use
   Value4
   fun:scm_gc_mark
   fun:scm_mark_locations
}

* guile.supp for valgrind
@ 2003-01-05 18:54 ` Han-Wen Nienhuys
From: Han-Wen Nienhuys @ 2003-01-05 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: jseward

bkorb@veritas.com writes:
> Thanks for valgrind!!  It's wonderful.
> My box (SuSE Linux 8.0) has a Guile library with lots of
> problems.  The attached suppression file pretty much gets
> rid of them.  I don't know if they've fixed the issues
> after Guile-1.4, so I'm  CC-ing them for their possible
> interest.  I'm thinking that this should be incorporated
> into the default.supp when the Guile library version is 1.4.

GUILE does conservative garbage collection, which entails scanning
(possibly uninitialized) chunks of memory for possible pointers. The
valgrind errors are harmless.

Here's a suppression file for 1.6 and for 1.7 CVS

****************
1.6:

{
guilegc
Cond
fun:heap_segment
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_mark_weak_vector_spines
}
{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_mark_weak_vector_spines
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_scan_weak_vectors
}

{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_scan_weak_vectors
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_gc_mark
}
{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_gc_mark
}

{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_gc_sweep
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_markstream
}

{
guilegc
Cond
fun:scm_mark_locations
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_markcdr
}

****************

guile 1.7 and later

# guile valgrind suppression file
{
    guilegc
	Value4
    fun:scm_gc_mark_dependencies
}

{

    guilegc
	Value4
    fun:scm_gc_mark
}

{
guilegc
Value4
fun:scm_i_find_heap_segment_containing_object
}

{
guilegc
Cond
[...]