* defmacro* and defmacro*-public in master
@ 2009-12-15 17:15 Tristan Colgate
From: Tristan Colgate @ 2009-12-15 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi Guys,

  Are defmacro* and friends supposed to work in current master? I've
got some code that
works under 1.8 but fails on master. I checked the trivial examples in
the manual, and
sure enough, they fail as well...

scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (ice-9 optargs))
scheme@(guile-user)> (defmacro* transmorgify (a #:optional b)
...               (a 1))
ERROR: In procedure sc-expand:
ERROR: source expression failed to match any pattern in (defmacro*
transmorgify (a #:optional b) (a 1))
scheme@(guile-user)>

  Also, out of interest, is there such a thing as define*-syntax?

  And, whilst I'm at it, on a probably unrelated matter? Is it
possible to have docstrings for macros? It doesn't
seem unreasonable, but doing something like (help macroname) seems to
break anyway (for relatively obvious
reasons).

  Thanks very much for all the hard work you guys are putting in,

  Cheers

--
Tristan Colgate-McFarlane
----