Hi Ludovic, > The easiest way is to "cherry-pick" the change. So, assuming the commit > is at the tip of `master', you'd do: > > $ git checkout branch_release-1-8 > $ git cherry-pick master > > ... resolve conflicts... > > $ git commit -a -c THE-ID-THAT-GIT-TOLD-YOU-BEFORE > > And that's it! Hmm... that didn't quite seem to work. After some googling, I discovered the following, which -- I think -- did the trick: $ git checkout --tracking -b branch_release-1-8 origin/branch_release-1-8 ...And then I just reapplied the fix by hand because it was only one line. :) A patch against the branch is attached. Let me know if there are any problems with it. Regards, Julian