Hi Neil, > Based on the synopsis above, I agree that moving step 1 inside the loop > should fix this. In addition, though, I think it would be very good if we > could add a minimal test that currently reproduces the deadlock, and so will > serve to guard against future regressions here. Do you have such a test? I don't -- it seems to be pretty dependent on timing. I noticed it while running my SRFI-18 test suite in a loop, and it took hours to trigger. Any suggestions? > No need for a patch against both 1.8 and 1.9; just one will do, and git > cherry-pick will handle the other for us (unless the fix is significantly > different in the two branches). Okay, find it attached. Regards, Julian