Hello, I’ve found answers to most of my own questions and will resend r5rs.de this week with corrections. On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 08:48:19PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote: > What should I use as the translated Texinfo file’s dircategory and > direntry? Currently it is > > @dircategory Die Algorithmische Sprache Scheme > @direntry > * R5RS-de: (r5rs.de). Der Revised(5) Report on Scheme (deutsch). > > so M-x info shows the German R5RS in its own category: > > Die Algorithmische Sprache Scheme > * R5RS-de: (r5rs.de). Der Revised(5) Report on Scheme (deutsch). > > > but maybe it should be organized differently. I suppose translated > info manuals would be installed for everyone regardless of their > locale preferences? > Only this question remains. > > What do you think about the rationale guiding the translation: > > https://pelzflorian.de/git/guile-wip-pf/tree/doc/translation-rationale-de?h=wip-r5rsde&id=08bd475064c7b4874489455693775ba041d01290 > A friend brought me a library’s copy of Susanne Daniels-Herold’s German translation of Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs. I will compare the terms it uses to my translation. (I wonder if the German SICP is available freely licensed and online like the English edition, but apparently not.) > My use of the traditional generic “masculine” form for plural > (“researchers → Forscher” instead of the more cumbersome “Forscher und > Forscherinnen” or “ForscherInnen” or “Forschende”) is controversial > and so are the alternatives. Forschende would work but sounds more > artificial. Is there some GNU standard? I did a survey with twenty-two people sitting in front of my university’s cafeteria. I knew none of them. The majority (68%, 10 men and 5 women) prefers “Forschende” over “Forscher” (which is preferred by 22%, 2 men and 3 women, additionally 2 men were undecided) so I’ll change it to “Forschende”. (I got similar results from my own personal umfeld, i.e. friends, acquaintances, family.) Regards, Florian