On Sat, Dec 09, 2017 at 06:15:29PM +0000, ng0 wrote: > Hey Florian, > > interesting work. I opened a bug a very long time ago for Guix, > and the content applied to Guile (as well as to the project > I initiated (infotropique) and very likely many other Haunt > using websites like Haunt itself, 8sync, etc). > > I've seen the first versions of this a while back in the code > for your website, I'll check out the changes soon, exciting work! > Oh, thank you. :) Some code is not clean and more proof-of-concept. > My idea was a reimplementation of prep (a text format and html document > generator that is capable to include multiple languages in its source > files, written by lynX back in the early 90s (or earlier) iirc (and > still used today). > Hmm I can find neither prep nor lynX in a quick Web search. Po files are separate from the source code files. I don’t know if prep has such a separation or if such a separation really is better. Then again, another issue with HTML/SHTML is that e.g. a hyperlink within the text is difficult to handle with traditional format strings without breaking the separation: * The link text should be translated in the context of the text surrounding the link * but the link formatting and maybe the link destination URL maybe should not be changeable by the translator. Does prep handle this? Regards, Florian