From: David Pirotte <david@altosw.be>
To: guile-devel <guile-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: guile-clutter, 1.10.0 -> 1.12.2, git repo quiz
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 17:32:02 -0300	[thread overview]

Hello guilers,

I started [slowly but hopefully surely :)] to work on updating our guile-clutter
binding from clutter 1.10.0 to clutter 1.12.2.  [sorry in advance if some of the
questions I will ask may sound a bit stupid, my knowledge of involved  lower level
tools, modules, ... is quite 'superficial' [autotools, g-wrap, gobject, glib ...]].

	Preliminary thought: although part of guile-gnome, I think it would be
	better to have a separate guile-clutter project, with its own git repo and
	website, wdyt?

-] git organization

I locally created a clutter-devel branch:  I'd like to push it, if that's ok, so I
can start to submit patches [for review before to push], leaving the actual clutter
branch untouched until ready to merge.

From there, I suggest we maintain a branch model based on clutter itself:

  Branch
	clutter-1.10
	clutter-1.12
	clutter		[would always = the latest stable]
	clutter-devel	on going work

  [ I hope, once I've done 1.12.2, to work on other versions, up to the latest we
    will be able to support using guile-gnome-2 ]

Until clutter-2.0 [2.x.x, v2.x.x are actual guile-gnome tags], we can also maintain
tags without clash, then we'll see :) or should we adopt right now another naming
convention, such as c1.10.0, cl-v1.10.0 or even clutter-v1.10.0 maybe?

Cheers,
David