* Snapshot of ToT?
@ 2006-11-13 19:16 Steve Ellcey
From: Steve Ellcey @ 2006-11-13 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to test the latest guile-core on IA64 HP-UX but I see there
is no recent snapshot for ToT.  Is there a reason why there are nightly
snapshots of the 1.6 and 1.8 branches but no recent snapshot of ToT?
The one at ftp://ftp.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/pub/guile/snapshots is
from Aug 28.

I did a CVS checkout of Top-of-Tree but running autogen.sh did not
result in a usable guile-core configure script.  I'd like to just get an
up-to-date snapshot so I wouldn't have to mess around with the auto*
tools and could just try a configure and build.

Is the lack of a recent ToT snapshot intentional or accidental?

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com

* Re: Snapshot of ToT?
@ 2006-11-13 22:38 ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2006-11-13 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Steve Ellcey <sje@cup.hp.com> writes:

> I am trying to test the latest guile-core on IA64 HP-UX but I see there
> is no recent snapshot for ToT.  Is there a reason why there are nightly
> snapshots of the 1.6 and 1.8 branches but no recent snapshot of ToT?
> The one at ftp://ftp.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/pub/guile/snapshots is
> from Aug 28.
>
> I did a CVS checkout of Top-of-Tree but running autogen.sh did not
> result in a usable guile-core configure script.  I'd like to just get an
> up-to-date snapshot so I wouldn't have to mess around with the auto*
> tools and could just try a configure and build.
>
> Is the lack of a recent ToT snapshot intentional or accidental?

The snapshots are run by Marius, so we'll have to wait for his view on
this.

In the meantime I've put a current HEAD snapshot up at
http://www.ossau.uklinux.net/guile/guile-cvs.20061113.tar.gz.

Regards,
     Neil